Winter Wonderland Soy Wax Candle in Zinc Jar
Cheerful and zesty notes of apple, neroli and ozone summon the frosty feeling of a winter’s wind in this candle. Like ice skating, snowman building and sauntering in the snow, the Winter Wonderland candle represents the best aspects of this brisk season. Hand-poured in a timeless zinc vessel, this candle complements cottage and vintage decor. When the candle is finished burning its 50+ hours, the container can be beautifully re-purposed in your home or office as a vase, organizer and more.
Jar measures 3-1/4" tall by 3" across and holds 12 fl. oz. Approximate burn time is 50 hours.
To optimize the life and scent of your candle, burn for 3-4 hours at a time. Trim the wick to ¼” before lighting. Allow the melted wax to reach the edges of the jar to prevent the wax from building up and tunneling. Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of a draft, pets, or small children. Soy wax is also biodegradable and easy to clean up! After your candle has burned to ¼”, pour off the remaining liquid wax, then wash the jar with soap and water and reuse or recycle it.
Harmony Farm Candles are wicked, scented and poured by hand in small batches in my cottage workshop. Made from 100% natural soy wax—from U.S.-grown soy beans—they’re long-burning and environmentally friendly. They are made with no added dyes and lead-free, zinc-free cotton wicks.
Candle Care & FAQ
All Harmony Farm Candles products are proudly handcrafted in my Mebane, NC cottage studio. Every element of the candlemaking process is truly done by hand! Measuring the wax prior to melting, blending fragrance into liquified wax, wicking the containers, carefully pouring the candles, and later labeling and packaging the finished products, these candles are creations of love and care made with human hands.
General candle care
- Trim the wick to ¼” before lighting every time! This makes all the difference in the longevity and clean burning of your candle. A long wick burns much too hot and will both use up the candle more quickly and create soot.
- Burn your candle for up to 3-4 hours at a time. It’s very important that the first time you use the candle to burn it long enough for the melted wax to reach the edges of the container. This prevents the wax from building up and possibly tunneling during future use.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of a draft, pets, or small children.
Candle sizes and approximate enjoyment times
- Milkglass Jar Candles - 16 oz. by weight/18 oz. by volume - ~80 hours - ideal for grander spaces like living rooms, open kitchens, master bedrooms
- Zinc Jar Candles - 10 oz. by weight/12 oz. by volume - ~50 hours - well-suited for medium-sized rooms like dining rooms, dens, master baths
- Jelly Jar Candles - 6 oz. by weight/8 oz. by volume - ~30 hours - best for smaller spaces like efficiency kitchens, guest rooms, bathrooms and laundry rooms. Use two or more for larger rooms for best results.
- Travel Tin Candles - 3 oz. by weight/4 oz. by volume - ~15 hours - perfect for a bathroom or on a bedside table
- Wax Melts - .4 oz by weight/.5 oz by volume (per cube) - ~10 hours - one cube is perfect for a bedroom; two or more fill larger spaces
What kind of wax are the candles and melts made of?
The candles and melts are made from U.S.-grown soy wax that’s manufactured in Kentucky. Harmony Farm Candles products are vegan and cruelty free!
Why soy wax?
Soy wax was chosen for several reasons back when I started Harmony Farm Candles. Firstly, soy wax comes from soybean plants so it’s a natural, biodegradable base for candlemaking. It’s a softer wax that creates a nice slow burn, which means these candles last longer than paraffin wax counterparts. (And soy doesn’t release carcinogenic chemicals when burned like paraffin does!) Finally, soy wax cleans up with hot water and soap. So when you’re finished with your candle, you can easily clean out the container and re-use it or recycle it.
The soy wax I use isn’t blended with any other types of wax, such as paraffin or beeswax. No dyes are added to the candles or melts so you can enjoy the natural color of the wax. (On occasion, a fragrance oil will impart a slight tint to the naturally creamy color though!)
Tell me more about the wicks used in the candles.
The candles are all made with cotton and paper wicks, which are zinc- and lead-free.
What do you use to scent the candles and melts?
High-quality fragrance oils are used primarily for the scents in all of the products I make. Some of the fragrance oil blends may include components of essentials oils. Most of the scents used are phthalate free as well.
What are hot throw and cold throw?
These two terms refer to candle scent when it’s lit (hot) and when it’s not (cold). Cold throw is the first impression you get of a scent. Oftentimes, that scent is then intensified when it’s lit and is the hot throw.
You said dyes aren’t added to the candles but I noticed my candle has a tint of color to it. What is this?
Some of the fragrance oils used to scent the candles and wax melts also contain essential oils. Because essential oils come from plant and flower sources, sometimes these oils have natural colorations in them. This then has an affect on the soy wax which is why some candles might not be pure white.
Shipping & Returns
All candles and melts are shipped via USPS Priority Mail with insurance and tracking to the lower 48 United States. Posted shipping rates apply within the United States only.
Orders under $60: $10.95
Orders of $60-$99: $8.95
Orders of $100-$149: $5.95
Orders of $150 or more: free!
I strive to ship in a timely manner and most orders are sent out within 5-7 business days.
LOCAL PICKUP OPTION: If you live locally and would like to pick up your order from my downtown Mebane, NC studio, please add Studio Order Pickup to your cart prior to checkout to waive shipping charges.
Once your goodies arrive, if you don't adore them, please be in touch immediately. You will be refunded (minus shipping charges) once the item, in its original condition, has been returned. All return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
If any of your candles are damaged in transit, please promptly take photos of the damaged item and the box it arrived in. Contact me within 3 days of delivery and include these photos with your message. I'll be happy to either replace any damaged merchandise or offer a refund.
If you live outside of the U.S. and would like to place an order with Harmony Farm Candles, please get in touch to discuss shipping to your location.